As the holder of a Large Goods Vehicle Operator's Licence, you have an obligation or duty to inform the Traffic Commissioner of any relevant speeding offences committed by your drivers.
If you do not comply with this ruling within 28 days then you have broken one of your Operator's Licence undertakings and risk being called to a Public Inquiry. This could lead to the potential of regulatory action being taken against your 'O' licence.
Why ensure that speeding drivers undertake this course?
There is no doubt that inappropriate speed is one of the most serious road safety problems on Britain's roads.
Drivers undertaking this course will:
- Develop correct attitudes and behaviour around speed and LGV usage
- Identify compliance with Speed Limits and Operator Licence requirements
- Recognise different speed limit areas
- Identify the consequences of speeding
By implementing this course, you will ensure:
- Evidence of Operator Licence undertaking compliance
- Demonstrate relative driver action has been taken
- Show a system of driver rehabilitation towards the misuse of speed is in place
- Help protect your ‘O’ Licence from disciplinary intervention in respect of speeding infringements